Rainbow Unicorn Bedroom Diy Decor
Ahh, I love room reveals, don't y'all?
And then allow'due south become right to it:
We did this Princess Elena room for our friends back in 2018, but footling Ellie was ready for a new theme. Her favorite affair at present is UNICORNS, then I was happy to go all-in.
And here it is finished!
We kept the existing wall pigment since it'due south merely a few years old, and just covered up the flowers we painted last time:
On to newer and more rainbow-y things. We used the new bedspread every bit a colour guide, and bought sample-sizes of these three colors for the rainbow:
This toy elephant seemed to corroborate:
Here's the view from the door:
Ellie asked us to movement her bed this way, because she likes sleeping against the wall. Her parents weren't a fan at outset, simply I remember nosotros made it piece of work - and now I similar information technology better than before!
Since Ellie never used her nightstand - except equally a identify for her bedside lamp to read by - we slid that into the closet and installed a wall lamp over the headboard instead:
I love how well the wall decals friction match the bedspread. Those 2 items are what I based the remainder of the room around.
Ellie loves to read, and as we were getting started she mentioned how much she wished she had a little place to "crawl inside and read." Yous should take seen my eyes calorie-free up. "We tin do that." :D
Which is how we ended up with her sugariness niggling reading canopy:
(Fun/annoying fact about me: I tin't visualize at all. Mostly I can't picture things in 3D, but even 2nd tin can give me trouble. I recall the Spatial Reasoning function of my encephalon just got left out. It makes building and decorating so, SO difficult, simply I love both and I'm stubborn, so I keep trying. Fortunately John's gotten really good at both beingness patient with my blank stares and also drawing things out in Photoshop, ha.)
Anyhoo, I bet you're ready to see the other side of the room now.
Here, we'll pivot together:
[Ross voice] "PIVOOOOT!"
Ta-daaa!
You know how much I dislike spending money, then everything on this side is done with things Ellie already had. That's her former bedside lamp, and we re-used the sparkly tulle that used to frame her headboard to make her mirror Extra glam:
These are floral picks from Joann'southward: I aptitude the wires into a U shape to act as a pall tie-back, and then attached with 2 thumbtacks.
The sparkly wings are from an old pegasus Halloween costume I found in Ellie's closet. I'k telling you, when decorating a kids' room, cheque their closets. From toys to costumes, they have so many fun things in there you can use!
In that location's a lesson here for us adults, too: why not hang the clothes/jewelry/bags yous love like art? Information technology'due south more than personal, starts better conversations, and all-time of all: information technology'll brand you happy.
Ellie's dress-up ears are perched on 2 thumbtacks, not attached, so they can easily be taken down when she wants to vesture them.
Once more, all things she already had - including the coat rack.
If I back upwards with a panorama you tin can see the last feature nosotros added:
Ellie didn't have whatever toy storage that she could access herself, and then I wanted to add some now that she's quondam enough to choice upwardly on her own.
If y'all saw my last mail then y'all already know alllll well-nigh these. (Or if you missed it, click here!) Her mom reports Ellie is happily using the bins, and so hopefully that means in that location are less toys on the flooring.
Nosotros bought unicorn art for all the walls, but at the terminal minute Ellie told us she wanted to keep her old baby photos up, also.
No problem; I just gathered all the photos together into a little gallery wall:
I'm a little fractional to that elevation photo anyhow, since I'm the one who took it. :P
We even kept Ellie's original name letters, which John and I first installed over her crib! (I tried to find a plant nursery photograph, but evidently I only posted the ruby blossom landscape and butterfly mobile we made for information technology. The mural is merely OK, but I still think the mobile is one of the prettiest things I've ever made.) It's interesting - and very relatable - to see how Ellie is attached to these things she's known all her life.
The concluding thing to show y'all are the fun lights around the room:
I've been told Ellie loves going to slumber with this on!
Then nosotros added a string of LED lights in the reading canopy, which is just magical in depression calorie-free:
I promise this was the rainbow you lot needed today, and reminds you lot to display the things y'all love, no affair HOW young, former, or weird you are. :p ::MWAH::
OoooOOOoohh.
And that'south the finished rainbow unicorn room!
The total cost for this makeover, which included the bedding, defunction, canopy, wall decals, lamp, color-irresolute nightlight, and even the unicorn book on the wall & stuffed creature on the bed, was about $150, all purchased from Amazon. The but extras were the paints for the rainbow and the vinyl name & stars we cut with our Cricut. I spent a lot of time finding everything, and then I'thou really pleased with how well it goes together!
I likewise put everything in a new List on my Amazon storefront for you lot, in case you'd like to browse. It includes everything we purchased, plus a few extras we didn't, but that would piece of work well in the space. (The bedding keeps changing prices, but at the time nosotros got it, it was about $35. And annotation that it only comes with one pillow sham, not two.)
Source: https://www.epbot.com/2020/09/our-rainbow-unicorn-bedroom-makeover.html
0 Response to "Rainbow Unicorn Bedroom Diy Decor"
Post a Comment